Note: The preceding link leaves NYSDOT trusted sites.
Link to an airport web site from the following list using our interactive map:
Check out these important resources to make your travel by car easy and trouble-free.
- Bridges and Tunnels – Information on our major bridges and tunnels.
- Ferries – Connect to our interactive map to find ferry operators.
- Maps and Directions – On-line mapping and routing tools.
- Parking – Link to municipal agencies and on-line parking search engines.
- Border Crossing Information – Border wait times.
- Clean Pass Vehicle Program – Use low emission, efficient vehicles on HOV lanes on Long Island.
- Service Disruptions & Closure Advisories – More information from agencies throughout New York.
- Toll Charge Information – Bridge, tunnel and highway agencies charging tolls to use their facilities.
- Winter Roadway Conditions – NYSDOT's Winter Travel Advisory system is now integrated in 511NY.
- Eco-driving – learn more about driving efficiently and saving money.
New York offers thousands of miles of dedicated roadway lanes, multi-use trails and designated highway routes for bicycling. Find out where these Bicycling Facilities are located, learn how to Ride Safely and opportunities to Take Your Bike on a Bus or Train.
Want to help improve air quality in the New York City metro area? Find out how you can make simple, everyday changes to your travel routine by joining the network of individuals, employers, employees and community organizations who participate in Clean Air NY .
Get New York travel information on your cell phone or other web-enabled mobile device by tapping one of these web sites.
From its majestic mountains, cities and lakes to our pastoral farmlands and vineyards, New York has it all! Visit these sites to plan your trips. Also link to New York City area cruise ship terminals.
|Tourism Agencies||Cruise Terminals|
Get the latest information on emergency alerts from emergency management, law enforcement, and the National Weather Service.
A selection of key information resources for commercial vehicle operators.
- General Resources – Basic info on operating a commercial vehicle in New York State.
- Border Crossings – Current wait times and other information.
- E-ZPass – Find out which facilities use the E-ZPass electronic toll system. Sign up!
- Organizations – Links to industry trade organizations.
- Permits and Registration – Find out you what need to operate your truck in New York State.
- Rest Areas – Locate travel plazas and rest areas.
- Restrictions – Clearance, weight, cargo and other restrictions on highways, bridges and tunnels.
- Truck Stops – Links to listings of privately operated truck stops.
- Weather and Roadway Conditions – Information on local weather and highway conditions during winter storms.
Get key information about intermodal facilities in the State.
Port & Waterways
New York’s five sea and inland ports are vital to the economy of the Eastern United States. In 2007 the Port of New York and New Jersey set another record, handling over $166 billion in cargo. The 524-mile long NY State Canal System is a valuable commercial and recreational resource connecting the Hudson River with the Great Lakes, Finger Lakes, and Lake Champlain. Find out more!
Find out why New York ranks first in the Nation for its public transportation service. Use our Transit Trip Planner to get a detailed, door-to-door itinerary or select a service type from the list below and link to our interactive map to learn who provides service in the area you select.
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority is providing a real-time bus information pilot program.
Transportation Agency Links
Link to the largest transportation agencies in New York or the travel information services of neighboring states and provinces.
|New York State Transportation Agencies||Travel Information in Neighboring States and Provinces|