Note: The preceding link leaves NYSDOT trusted sites.
Good places to get key information on operating a commercial vehicle in New York State.
The E-ZPassNY map shows which NYS highway and bridge toll facilities participate in the E-ZPass electronic toll collection system. For more specific information consult these authority web sites:
Permits and Registration
Do you need a special permit to operate your truck in New York State? How do you get one, or apply for operating credentials for HUT, IFTA, and IRP? Consult these web sites:
- NYPermits.Org - Your first stop for information on permits, restrictions and registration. Includes oversize/overweight routing tool and interactive map of posted bridges.
- NYS Bridge Authority Overweight Permits
- NYC Department of Transportation Commercial Permits
- NYS Qualifying and Access Highways for use by Special Dimension Vehicles
- NYS Thruway Authority Over-Dimensional Permit System
- OSCAR (One Stop Credentialing and Registration)
- Connecticut DOT Oversize/Overweight Permits
- Massachusetts DOT Commercial Vehicle Information
- Unified Carrier Registration
Find out about clearance, weight, cargo and other restrictions.
Restrictions at Major Bridges and Tunnels
Find out about weight, height, cargo and time-of-day restrictions at bridges and tunnels in New York State.
Weather and Roadway Conditions
Get the latest information on local weather conditions, local forecasts or the condition of major highways during winter storms.
- National Weather Service
To get local observations and forecasts either type the name of the place or click on the map displayed on these NWS forecast office web pages.
- NYS Department of Transportation Winter Travel Advisory
- NYS Thruway Authority Winter Travel Advisory